Thursday, July 23, 2009

aaron's birthday and more

i'm trying to de-clutter the desktop. i put some favorite pics on there that i wanted to remember to share with you, so here goes... 10:50 and I really want to go to bed but know that if I don't do it now it may never get done! :) and aaron's not home from bible study, so...

a few from before our trip--Everly fell asleep on the guest bed all by herself and we were working out a disagreement in our bedroom. she hasn't ever done this, not since she was a sleepy newborn! :)




we were having a drought so I prayed for rain one night at bedtime with Everly. the next day it rained and I reminded Everly of how we prayed. she loves to play in the rain and repeated my excitement: "Jesus made it rain!" now every time it rains she tells us that Jesus makes it rain. 


a new favorite of Everly's: dominos.


Aaron's 27th birthday was the day after we got back- a little crazy to celebrate it! but we did, with a few presents here- Everly got him a balloon and aaron said it was his first balloon anyone ever gave him so it was special. :)


we had friends over that night, too (phew- still exhausted thinking about that day!) and had peanut butter and chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter and chocolate ice cream- there was a theme ;)


the guys- gavin, matt, brandon, matt and aaron- enjoying coffee

liz and adrianne, ron and becky in the backround


Everly making me chicken and cookies for lunch. :)





3 comments:

Jen said...

Shauna, the rain story is too awesome. I just read, yesterday, in Celebration of Discipline, how we need to pray believing and how the simple prayers of a child are often what God desires. What an awesome testimony to that truth. I believe it was an answer to your prayers.

-joel

Claudia said...

I love your blog, is fresh (transparent), like you! it makes me feel...actually quoting you "that you are not that far away"

n/a said...

http://brasscamel.blogspot.com/
Hey Guys!